Photo: Getty Images
By Kathleen Perricone
It was just announced that Jason Derulo will be performing at the Teen Choice Awards, and the “Wiggle” singer called in to On Air with Ryan Seacrest on Monday morning to give us some details on what he has planned, as well as his special partnership with Jam Audio to give away a $25,000 scholarship.
Jason and his longtime girlfriend Jordin Sparks have been looking to put down roots in Los Angeles, and Ryan tried to give him advice on what neighborhoods to look at it … with the help of a new app called SpreadSheets that runs down the five most promiscuous vicinities, including Culver City, Beverly Hills, and Santa Monica.
As for the August 1 TCAs, the singer explains he plans to perform both “Talk Dirty” and “Wiggle,” as well as introduce a new song, “Trumpet.”
“It’s about how beautiful my lady is,” Jason explains. “Whenever I see her, she walks in the room, I hear symphonies in my head.”
Jason has also partnered up with Jam Audio to give away a $25,000 scholarship … all fans have to do is upload a funny video of their parents dancing on either Instagram or Vine using the hashtag #Jam25KEntry.
“I think I have to get my parents do it too,” he jokes. “It’s only right … Everybody that is going to join in, it’s $25,000. You might get a little extra points if you use ‘Wiggle.’”
Tickets for the Teen Choice Awards, which airs on FOX on August 1 at 8/7c and will also feature Zendaya, Cody Simpson, and Jake T. Austin, are available now on Ticketmaster.com!
And for more information on the $25,000 scholarship, head to JamAudio.com/danceoff!
HOW TO ENTER
1. Record your mom or pops getting down
2. Submit your five (5) second- fifteen (15) second video through Instagram or Vine using the hashtag #Jam25KEntry
3. Go to jamaudio.com/danceoff to see your video as well as other peoples parents amazing dance moves
4. Out of the thousands of submissions 3 people will be selected to go onto the fan voting stage
5. Voting for the best dancers will take place between August 22 and September 7.
6. Jam speakers will be given away Jam products weekly to entrants
7. If you don’t want to enter but want to see the hilarious videos they are posted on jamaudio.com/danceoff as are the official rules.