Priceline's wedding travel report revealed that the average wedding guest spends a full month's salary to attend a wedding. This shakes out to about $2,700, which is roughly equivalent to a full month's salary based on the median annual wage in the US. If you have a wedding coming up, here are costs you should be saving up for:
- The Engagement Party: The average amount spent on an engagement party is $981.
- Bacherlorette/Bachelor Party: This average is close to that of the engagement party, $969.
- Bridal Shower: Average for this event is $680.
- Gift: Most people spend around $525 on a wedding gift.
The cost for a wedding, especially an out of town wedding, can be very stressful. Here's some tips that can assist with saving some money.
- Consider arriving earlier or departing later to avoid peak travel days and times. Off peak travel is less expensive.
- Do you know other people attending the wedding? Consider organizing a road trip to share and save on travel costs.
- Consider signing up for a travel rewards program through an airline or credit card to earn points on travel.